Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Monday 4 November 2013

Beg !!

Bring in something ready made for brunch, instructed my mom.

 I got out in a pair of slippers and night suit. It was Diwali, an Indian festival. Market area was filled with a huge human rush. I somehow managed to reach till the destination. A group of small kids grabbed my attention. their ages varied from 4 to 15. they were some 6 in number, four gals and two boys and one of the girl who was probably oldest, was carrying a small baby in her arms. On inquiring closely, i realized that they were beggars. From one to another, they were continuously asking people to give them something, mostly money. My turn appeared soon.

What? I asked irritatingly.
"I am a kind of person who can overpay rickvala's but never donate a single penny to beggars."
The girl made a pathetic facial expression and asked for money.
"What would you do out of that?" I asked curiously, just to understand on her part.
before she could answer, an uncle peeped in from nowhere, insulted the tiny beggar girl and asked her to get out from there.

I didn't care much and drove back home. I was wondering if they are the only beggars around. I realized that we all are beggars, the only difference is "they beg us and we beg God to bless us with all we desire." The begging in our case is termed as prayer. Actually, Faith and Prayer should be directly proportional but the scenario here is, fear is directly proportional to prayer and inversely proportional to faith. Why can't we simply thank the almighty for all we own.

Coming back to the track, The beggar girl appeared again, this time on the main entrance of my house. after market, the residential locality was the second target of her gang, i assumed. As my conversation was interrupted last time, i ran to accomplish my goal.

So, did you get money? What plans?, I asked teasingly.
She didn't respond and kept begging.
I kept talking about random stuff related to diwali, crackers and sweets to provoke her interest.
"I don't want money, i want crackers" she started crying.
"But, crackers cause air pollution." i stated, out of my weakness of being educated.
Tiny girl hardly cared, she kept on sobbing as may be she was frustrated out of all day begging.
"Why do you beg"? i banged her with an another question.
"I don't have a home and parents, like you" she answered.
"Then, where do you stay" I asked surprisingly.
"With Aunty" she replied.
"She doesn't even love me, all she want is money or else she don't serve me food" she further added.
"Would you like to stay at a good place and study" i asked.
The answer was positive.

I passed a smile towards her, held her hand and accompanied her to the market. I bought her some safe crackers, candles and sweets. she had a pretty good smile, i noticed. Way back home, i realized how blessed i am to have a family.


She will be relocating to an orphanage, where there will be no need to beg.


 

 








 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis