Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Thursday 17 October 2013

Anything for Him

When will we be meeting next?
Probably after 6 months.

I waved him a good bye and rushed towards the exit as i avoid crying in public. we were dating each other from last two years. things were quite fine but then suddenly one day he got a call from Delhi and he decided to switch his job. I was not willing to settle down too early so we mutually decided to give a chance to the distance relationship. it was easy to decide but it was tough to let him go. I hardly had any other friends in this huge city and moreover i was worried about Aniket. he was used to my presence around him. 

I remember how i hated him when i saw him for the first time. His t-shirt ate most part of the burger he was holding in his right hand, his hair all messy and i could hear Akon shouting out of his big blue color headphones, he was my colleague and that was the first day of training session in our new company. He was not my types but he was interesting. he was humorous and charming. So, you are from Mumbai? I initiated the conversation on lunch table. He nodded while concentrating on the spoon which was on the way to his mouth. I didn't like the way he responded so i backed off, deciding not to bother him. He was more comfortable with the guy friends he made in group. Soon, we got to work on the same project as team mates. we shared a good chemistry at work but we never tried to peep in each other's personal business. 
Weather was fine when we left office on a Friday evening but then Mumbai is famous for sudden rains. we both got drenched. his house was nearer than mine so we ended up landing there. His parents were out as his neighbor informed. Aniket looked at me with curious eyes, may be he was wondering if i will be comfortable being with him, home alone. we entered inside and he went straight away to one of the rooms. I was shivering out of cold till he hand overed me a towel and a large t shirt while pointing towards the bathroom. I relaxed for a while after locking myself up in that tiny area and when i came back in the drawing room i found him waiting with two mugs of coffee. we sipped together and started talking about office stuff. I was ignoring an eye contact with him all the time, because of some unknown reasons. I don't know whether it was his t-shirt, that rain or the coffee we shared, we fell for each other.

My phone rang, it was him. "Landed"? I asked as soon as i picked up the call.
"Yes baby and i missed you so much" he replied.
I wanted to act strong so i changed the topic to how his flight was, what did he eat and all the stuff.
He hung up after providing me all the details.

Initially he called everyday but soon we started skipping days. he was too busy in his office and i was in mine. months passed. communication gap left us irritated. I found him too demanding  and at the same place he complained about my short temper. skype couldn't help us much and our relation was on the urge of break up after facing the same situations for 4 months but he was not worth loosing so i contacted his flatmate and planned a small trip to Delhi.


It was Sunday morning when i pressed the doorbell of his Delhi flat. He opened the door and stood still. I had to hug him to make him realize that it was not a dream but reality. for the first time i could feel him sobbing. he was overwhelmed with my efforts but i had something more for him. I knelt down and proposed him there itself for marriage. 
"Oh god! i should be doing all this" he stated, laughing.
"Please say yes, please say yes." I begged.
"Of course its a yes, stop embarrassing me you tiny creature." he took me in his arms to all the way inside, after locking main entrance of the flat.


 

4 comments:

Anmol Rawat said...

badi jaldi baat shaadi tak bhi pahunch gayi :p

Nice attempt. Quite cheesy ;)

Unknown said...

Hihihi :P

Anonymous said...

Modus operandi is very appropriate.Middle part does creates romanticism which is the most succesful task of the article but at some part writting becomes more individualistic creating contradiction to title of article Anything for him..but in holistic review yes it makes sense and gives more realistic outlook..nice job :-) ..NILESH PAWAR

Unknown said...

:) Thanks Nilesh !

Post a Comment

ShareThis