Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Walking Tooth-brush

"Dad see this toothbrush walks" I screamed in excitement pointing my index finger towards TV. I was 5. Dad acted surprisingly.."Is it..wow!!" I instantly demanded for it. Mom asked me to calm down. Dad bought me the walking brush very next day. Though it was good at brushing teeth but i never found him walking. I was disappointed. "Dad, the shopkeeper didn't give you the right brush, see it doesn't walk, the one which is there in the TV walks, runs and even plays hide and seek." I stated one night while laying down next to him. He didn't say anything in revert. he pecked my forehead and hugged me to sleep.

One morning, Dad woke me up in excitement "I caught your brush in the corridor." he said. Hawww  where was it going ?? i asked with curious eyes. "Don't know sweets", he responded. It was a mixed feeling, though i wanted the brush to play around but i didn't want it to get lost somewhere. Dad asked me to do not worry,  he said that when he bought the brush, it was small, now as it had grown up it started walking, running and playing. I realized, he bought the right brush for me and now it was my responsibility to keep it safe. 

Every night  I slept with my walking pink toothbrush and every morning i hunted for it. Sometimes i found it in another room, sometimes on stairs and sometimes in the bathroom. It loved to walk around in nights, I believed. The suspense was continuously increasing. I shared my problem with the friends i had in school but no one had a solution of such a serious problem. Finally i approached mom. She thought over the matter and came up with a solution, as expected.

"So, the toothbrush have feet and it roams around in night" she asked while demonstrating. Yes, i sadly replied. "What if we detach its feet in night?" It wont be able to walk, I jumped in excitement and trust me that worked, the brush was always at the right place after that.

But I still wonder, Why did my brush never attempt to walk in mornings.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahha.... Awesome..... :)

Anmol Rawat said...

lol :p nice one :D

Pramod Nayak said...

Excellent it is !
Wt about its partner "toothpaste"?
Must b fed up with her.

Unknown said...

Papa can do anything for his little princess...cn even make a brush run....

Unknown said...

Thanks all :)
@Pramod- Yeah, it was kinda fed up+dad acted as a catalyst :P
@Aanchal- U know papa :)

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha.....good one.....childhood days r golden days......wish we had a rewind button in our life....rather I wish someone invents time machine soon.....

Unknown said...

Agreed Nikhil :)

mohan said...

No one can ever take Dad's place in life at any age

Unknown said...

@mohan :)) People we love never get replaced.

Post a Comment

ShareThis