Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Sunday 8 December 2013

Dad:My Super hero!

He used to accompany me to school everyday when i was three. One day unlike all other mornings, i didn't feel like going to school, Kids you see..their mood may swing anytime. I said that i didn't wanna go but they didn't hear. I was dressed, combed and seen off. On the entrance of my kinder garden, I cried, fought and screamed. My demand was simple. I was in no mood of schooling that day but unfortunately he was getting late for his work. Circumstances made him slap me. I cried even more and he couldn't resist, he took me in his lap and we came all the way back home. he bought me chips and toffees on the way.

Another day, I locked myself in the bathroom. I wanted to act like grown ups. Granny and mom tried to help but it was tough to guide a five year old nervous,crying and scared kid. They couldn't explain the procedure of unlocking the door from outside.He was called from office. He first talked to me for some fifteen minutes. he said that i am safe and brave. I have will power and i can do what i want to because i was his daughter. I later succeed in unlocking. He was hugged on the very first glance.
 
Class VII and i failed in Maths.He was called to school. I don't know what all was delivered to him, he accompanied me back home that day. "What did they tell you dad", i asked. "They said you are too good at English and Science" he replied. "Maths"?? i asked curiously. "Umm..I told them that you are good at maths when you are not scared" he smiled and he made me smile too. "but i failed in maths," i confessed. He didn't revert.

My board results: he announced the same with two chocolates. I scored up to expectation. I expressed my wish to visit a temple bare feet which was quite unusual as i was not atheist type. He agreed and accompanied. I asked him to wear shoes but he didn't. We walked bare feet entire two kilo meters and that is one of the best memories i have with him.

After completing my education when i asked him if i can go out for a job, he hesitated. he wanted me to stay in family. may be he was scared. but this wasn't something i knew him for. I convinced him and he had to agree. I saw him crying for the first time when he dropped me to railway station. I am proud of him and vice versa. Once during vacations i got a chance to sneak into small library, he had at home. He still have the diary in which i wrote alphabets for the first time. All my mark sheets, my school's payslips, my certificates, slam books and much more he have kept safely.

He always trusted me more than i trusted myself. He supported and scolded at times. but i never felt like hiding anything from him. Once when he got too angry he teared my book apart but when i got up in the morning, I found the same book nicely binded and covered. that is how he was, he is and he will always be.

Sometimes i think that i have never given anything to him in return but then probably my smile is enough. My superhero he is and no one can ever replace him!

I love you Papa.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely memories....

Post a Comment

ShareThis