Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Equation

Mumbai..I always wanted to be here because of some known or unknown reasons. I believe that we get intuitions. Many a times we keep getting signals, though things might take a little longer to happen. Mumbai is a city of dreams that's what i heard and read about it but for me it was always homely from the very first day when i landed. Sometimes i think, is it only Mumbai or something else which made me feel comfortable after all its a place, just a place, right?

"Wow, TATA !?" Dad asked in excitement.
"The location is Mumbai" I replied and in a minute his face expressions changed from extremely happy to confused and worried.
"Let me go or I am gonna run away" I announced. (yes, i dared to say that as mom was not present there.)
And please you are going to help me in convincing Mom, I pleaded.
He nodded, still confused.

The entire process took time but they agreed, may be because i was too stubborn, may be because they knew it's about my career or may be because they just wanted to see me happy. Parents, i tell you, i don't know about all varieties and types of them but mine have always been an unsolved mystery for me. I am just fond of them and there are n number of reasons behind that.

My life's first flight and the first time being away from home, i chose to be excited over being sad. Out of the Mumbai airport, on the way to guest house, it looked like Old Delhi, more or less. Crowded, so crowded. I liked the people here, simple, straight forward and helpful. Is it place which makes people different or  people make a place different, i asked myself but there was lot more to see and i was not in a hurry of being answered.

First day in office after three days of induction was quite good, I was silent because one should always observe and understand people in first place but good people always help you in being yourself, they pull you out in your comfortable zone, they make you speak and yes the same happened.

Mumbai was explored and i found it beautiful. Local trains, Marine drive, Beaches, Markets, Cafe, Bars,Vadapav and much more. Here, everybody replied my useless questions and no body cared about my freaky looks or dirty shoes. Every one was so busy and satisfied. There is less fuzz because people give less damn about other people's life, I concluded.

People and place is kind of directly proportional. Good people make good place and vice-versa but then i think, wasn't it much easier to solve math problems in primary school as there was nothing called directly or indirectly proportional. So, i decided to solve the equation by addition:

My flatmates, friends, colleagues + the surroundings i am in + feelings and work = Happy me.
i.e. People + Place + Things = :)

Its always a mixture which make things perfect <nearly perfect> .





4 comments:

Anmol Rawat said...

Way to go :)

Everyone is looking for a change and everybody do like a change. Mumbai suits your needs and wants probably and its good to read that.

All the best girl. And the award for the avid reader of your blog goes to me only ! :D

Gaurav Diwan said...

(Y)
Wish Mumbai fulfill all your wishes too.... :)

Anonymous said...

Land of dreams or dreamers whatever u call it this city and ppl will always embrace u with warmth, love and care...
And i believe you found that already

Hope the equation gets deserved solution ;)

Unknown said...

Love you readers :D

Post a Comment

ShareThis