Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Monday 24 February 2014

Little Survivor

Not the morning show please..I pleaded, a long discussion and finally i found myself alone on one side of the battle field. I had to agree, booked tickets and decided to sleep early that night. Not as that I have never been out for cheap morning shows but i hardly prefer them and there are n number of reasons behind that which i will explain some other day. 

So, I was woken up by three of my flatmates at 7 am on a "Sunday". They were ready for their dance class and as per our plan i was going to see them at theater directly. Anyways I struggled to get out of my blanket on a cozy "Sunday" morning and walked towards the bathroom. My vision was all blurred when i saw "Him" for the first time. A Cockroch, right there in my washbasin. A blocked washbasin in which he was swimming, joyfully. Can Arthopods swim? I asked myself and being a zoology student, i should have had an answer but surprisingly i didn't have any. He was a medium sized cockroch and i don't think that he had wings otherwise he would have flown, right? he was continuously trying to get out of that small pool but all in vein. I didn't know what to do. It was almost yucks for me to put my hand in that pooled dirty water and in the second place i was really afraid to scare that small living being by my activities. I switched off the bathroom's light and came out.

I gave him approximately 15 minutes to rescue himself meanwhile i roamed around in hall, read newspaper and kept thinking about him.  

a. Should i kill him? May be in his next birth he wont be a Cockroch, he will be a human and he will have great fun.
b. No, I think i should give him a chance to live. after all its awesome being a cockroch, no office, nothing.
c. Let's see what does he do, its his life, he will decide.
d. If i try to help him, will he sense that i am helpful or what if he have wings...No no no no no!

I slowly opened the bathroom's door and found him on the boundary of the basin. I don't know whether it was the water level which went down or it was him who came out. I clapped in excitement.

One of my friend who was staying at my flat for a weekend, got up because of my drama and came to see what i am upto.

"Come on baby, now just a little more, this way, this way" She found me guiding.
"Whom the hell are you guiding, Apara?" She asked, irritatingly.
"See, there is a small baby Cockroch" I pointed my finger towards the survivor.
"OMG! seriously" !!!! she gave me a look.
"How come everyone is your baby and you have two more bathrooms in flat, can't you get ready there", she questioned with raised eyebrows.
"Its not about getting ready, see he survived" and i clapped again.
My friend smiled, may be she understood that i am not in a mood to see things from her perspective.

 I kept guiding the little one till i realized that he didn't understand human language, he didn't even have ears, he was obviously dumb enough to do not find a way out himself and he was not in a mood of committing suicide by jumping from 4.5 feet. As all i wanted was him..alive and safe, So after his long stupid drama i decided to help him up. I picked a stick and invited him to get on a ride. He ignored. I tried again and he ignored again but when i tried for the third time, he took the signal. Yes, he trusted me. he got on the stick and i made him land carefully.

It was 8:30 when i waved him a final good bye and rushed for my 9am show.

1 comments:

Anmol Rawat said...

:D lol
First of all, I don't do such stuffs now.

Hmm, I used to do it all back in school. I was curious too. The ants can survive after drowning in water too you know. I kept one under water till it was lying on the bottom of the container and i felt it like that for some minutes. Then I took it out and kept in sunlight. Voila, it was walking again soon :D :D It's now I can understand the agony so. no more experiments now

Post a Comment

ShareThis