Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Friday 4 October 2013

Shoes & Emotions

I didn't like my old shoes anymore. It had been six months since i was wearing them everyday. All my friends at school had better looking pair of shoes unlike me. Though dad used to polish them every second day, the original beauty of the shoes were lost long ago. I had strict instructions to do not demand for things as mom was quite concerned about my right upbringing. I was 7 years old, Class II i guess. I was quite afraid of my mom that time and even today she is the only lady who can shut me up and make me do what she wants.

One evening while dad was out, i gathered all my courage and asked mom for a new pair of shoes. I don't know why i didn't demand the same from dad, things would have gone easier that way. Mom smiled and said, "Next month for sure". It was mid month. I didn't like the response. I wanted new shoes at once, i didn't want to wait and what so special will happen next month, i thought but i couldn't dare to argue with her. Even today, i argue with mom only in dad's presence, he is my savior.Anyways she got me indulged in some other activities and i forgot about the shoes for some time.Dad arrived home late at night and i was asleep by then.

"Don't polish them" i said angrily to dad while getting ready for school the very next day. Dad hardly responded back but "mom" didn't like the way i talked to my father. She asked me to beg a pardon immediately. "I want new shoes or else i will not go to school, i get embarrassed when i see everyone wearing new shoes in the assembly, you guys just don't care", I concluded and as an award i received a tight slap on my left cheek. No need to mention that mom was the one who honored me with the same.

Day went okay after that, i didn't bother to talk to mom till i left home with dad to school. Dad consoled me a little by buying me chocolates and a set of pencils on the way, but all that hardly mattered.I wanted new shoes on priority but after the scene which was created back home, i knew the chances of getting them were quite low.

Dad came to pick me up from school and while walking back home he stooped at a shoe shop. I was surprisingly happy. He helped me in selecting the brand and the size. we bought a new pair of shoes. " Let her keep wearing the new one and place the old ones in the box" dad guided the shopkeeper. He paid 200/- bucks and he got a priceless smile on my face. "So, shouldn't we celebrate the arrival of new shoes", he asked with glittering eyes. How could i deny, we had a small ice cream party on the way and dad instructed me to do not tell mom about the new pair of shoes. I agreed.

Days passed and i kept the secret to myself. I don't know how dad manged to handle mom's endless questions about me being happy and not demanding all the time. My relationship with mom has always been a unique one. I am obviously more close to dad but i can't live without mom. Doesn't matter how harsh and rude she go at times, i love her and she is the reason of my survival. Coming back to the track, new month arrived and on the 1st day itself i got an another pair of shoes.

Mom is still not aware that once i donated my 10 days old pair of shoes to a poor girl.
Dad advised as he couldn't afford to hurt mom's emotions, strange my parents are.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Donno y i get emotional everytime reading your blog....

Unknown said...

Because you belong with me,my love :)
Love u loads Di <3

Post a Comment

ShareThis