Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Monday 7 October 2013

Bestie

"Did you visit 975 recently?" My sister inquired.
"I hardly go there Di, you know i don't do hookah and all." "But, wait! what happened?"
"Some retard called, I scolded him like anything." she stated while making faces.
I hugged her in response. after all she trusted her teenage sister more than the one who called and complained.

"Your sister smoke, drink and dope." He called and complained. He was a so called friend. Don't know whether he was jealous or he had too much complications in his own life. He was too much interested in me and moreover in Neha, my Bestie. *Winks*.

After having a conversation with my sister, i went way too mad. How dare he to call my sister and how did he even find her number, i was wondering. Next day we bunked the very first lecture to discuss the recent hot topic. Neha lost her temper after knowing the matter, Neelu blamed me to be in touch with him. Prerna was a keen listener though. After mingling the ideas of different brains, we decided to talk to Gaurav. I called him and before he could say anything, i banged him with questions. "how dare you to call my sister, who do you think you are, you better stay out of my life or else I will call police and then i will not be responsible for your ruined life." I was not in a mood to hear a single word of clarification so i just hung up. I was calm now and so were my friends. He kept calling back but we didn't bother to pick up.

It was moreover a zoo than a class. One of our lecturer was on leave so basically people were celebrating the independence. We took our seats on the back. I got a buzz. " Pick up the phone or i will call your dad. he should know how much fun you are having." without a second thought i threw my phone, it hit the wall and fell down. The entire class went silent. everyone knew that we four were the best buddies from the first day of college and they assumed that probably we had a fight. I left the class in disgust to avoid unnecessary questions and arguments. I rushed down on the stairs where Neha held my hand from behind and asked me to stop. In response, I just hugged her tight and cried. I am a very impatient kind of person, it becomes hard for me to handle things alone at times, she knew all this very well so she tried her best to be there for me. We cried together. Today, when i go back and think about that moment, I realize, that was the best hug i ever received from anyone.

We came back to the class and decided to meet Gaurav after college. Neha dropped him a message and he agreed. Me and Neha reached at the decided place some 15 mins prior, we ordered stuff and sat in peace. He entered, Courtesy wise we asked him to sit. I continued eating my burger and sipping my ice tea as it was pre decided that Neha will be handling the problem "LOL". They kept on arguing and Neha kept on talking in my favor. We didn't offer him anything to eat. He didn't to deserve to eat on the same table, anyways. He left in some 15 minutes after getting insulted properly and we kept laughing for next 20 mins.

He left a text, late at night, " I am sorry to bother you and your friends. Take care."

Though it was not the last text i received from him and that was not the last issue he created, he went silent for a year or so.



2 comments:

Anmol Rawat said...

Neha Awesome hai ;)

Unknown said...

Undoubtedly :P Rockstar she is !

Post a Comment

ShareThis