Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Sunday 27 October 2013

Bunny

I called him from behind when he was about to take an exit from the campus. Hey! Which way is this, he asked surprisingly. may be he didn't expect me to be there but how could i let him go without a proper see off. We exchanged smiles. " Please not that guy, he said in disgust. Which kind of choice do you have, have you even seen him properly hmm, you are too pretty for a guy like him." we were talking about my recent crush and being my best friend, Bunny was bothered about my stupid choices. "I doubt if you have a good choice so please for god sake i request you, before you start dating a guy, do send me his photograph." I giggled on his request but i agreed as i knew it is for my own good. I accompanied him till the exit. It was hard to see him leaving, he was probably the best thing ever happened to me till that date and moreover i was not sure when am i going to see him again. He was special,indeed.

Every year 20 new people enters in our life and ten old people take a silent exit, i read somewhere. Though Bunny was not among the ten people, Abhinav entered in suddenly. Till the time i met Abhinav, my idea of a perfect partner was limited to Bunny. Bunny was just like me. When we first met, i was in my initial twenties and he was in his lates. our likes, dislikes, hobbies, idea of fun, nature, background, passions shared lots of similarity. our priorities were little different so we never dated but yes we somehow managed to be the best buddies. Over the span of 5 years, Bunny was aware of the people i came across, somehow i didn't get a chance to introduce Abhinav to him.
 
Abhinav was my family's choice. I was totally against the arranged marriages but unfortunately, one can not force herself to fall in love. I was on the peak of my career and at the same time my parents were on the urge of retirement. i melted down in front of my mother's all time emotional drama and my parents arranged a date for me and him in a posh restaurant. Strange na ! How dad always guided me to do not talk to the strangers and now he himself was forcing me to meet a guy and probably the same stranger will turn out to be my priority for lifetime. I spent a sleepless night to the next dawn. Dad dropped me to the restaurant. He was waiting outside. Blue shirt- baze trousers,spectacles, black shoes and a decent haircut was all i noticed. he touched my dad's feet and i almost hated it. C'mon you are still not his son in law, i said to myself. he was not my type, i never wanted a traditional type of guy but i decided to be patient and do not react. I was missing Bunny all the time but his freaking phone was not reachable.
"So,What would you like to have?" was the first sentence i heard from Abhinav's mouth.
"Anything"
"Hey, Two plates of anything please" he stated and giggled
"If you are not hungry, we can go for a long drive rather than getting bored here, I am not foody sort of", he explained.
I smiled in agreement.
Abhinav was well mannered, we talked about most of the important stuff we had in our lives. In further meetings we talked about our past relationships but all that hardly mattered to our present. I was falling for him and i wanted my best friend to know about this. Abhinav knew all the main things about Bunny and my relationship with him but Bunny was still unaware of all, i was going through.

"Meet me on Sunday for lunch, have a surprise for you", I left a text to Bunny.

More than me, Abhinav was excited to meet the person i was most close to, totally opposite to what i expected. Bunny was already waiting when we entered in the decided venue. I introduced them. Though i was a little nervous, these two guys were enjoying each other's company. most of the conversations were either related to cricket or business they respectively had. I was feeling excluded as i really assumed myself to be the center of the conversation but things usually turn out to be different than imagined. It was a nice meeting altogether but i didn't get a chance to ask Bunny if Abhi was a right choice me.

It was eleven at night of the same day we three met, i got a call from Bunny.
"When did you grow up?" he asked after greeting.
"Hahaha, i am glad if you mean this" "Tell me, did you like him"?
"Do you want me to be genuine" he asked in a serious tone.
My heart skipped a beat, i really didn't want Bunny to say anything against Abhinav.
"He is too good for you" he stated and giggled.
huh! how could i forget that Bunny is famous for his poor jokes.
"Though it is hard to judge people in a single meet, Abhinav seems to be a mature person and most of all he loves you." he further added.
I felt like hugging Bunny then and there.
"So,You kept your promise to make me see the one you fall for, before you commit" Bunny stated.
"Yes, because you are still special and you will always be" "Even Abhinav is too much influenced with you, he was continuously talking about you on the way back home" I replied.

Stay blessed and happy, he said.
I love you too was my answer before we hung up.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis