Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Monday 23 September 2013

Destiny

"Will you go on a coffee date with the person who commented above you" One of the testimonials in a community called "I love my Dad", introduced us. I was 17 that time. College going fun loving backbencher. we got in touch on orkut. It was a mutual understanding rather than an infatuation. I talked a lot to him about everything including my college, family, friends and boyfriend. He was mature, some 24 years old. i always found a good friend in him. He supported me psychologically at each step, let it be my career or personal relationships. We were good friends till i completed my post graduation but then things changed. In the span of those three years we never exchanged numbers. We chatted, we wrote mails or we posted on each other's walls. Our frequency of chatting used to vary. Sometimes everyday, sometimes once in three days and sometimes once in a week, based on his availability and my convenience.Once he didn't ping me for an entire month, that was something unusual.

 I wrote him a mail asking his wellness and providing my contact number. We texted for some days before i heard him for the first time. It was a long conversation and only i was uttering. He was a keen listener, same as he was on chats. He was silent and soothing. I found him mature and understanding, once again. His writing skills were ultimate. his long texts made me feel special, like i never did. All this was happening to me for the first time, he was actually treating me like a princess without expecting anything in return. It was blissful.

One morning from nowhere i texted, "Why do you treat me like a princess?" "You deserve to be." he replied. I was not convinced with the answer so i provoked him to vomit out the fact. He was falling for me from last many years and genuinely, i felt bad for him. I knew i will not be able to help it. I was still not over my previous relationship. I tried to explain him things several times but he proved me wrong. He was very stubborn or may be he was so much in love with me. After trying for quite a some time, i couldn't resist and started liking his deeds. We talked for long hours in night, hoping it to last forever.

One fine day when i was enjoying my weekend with my friends in a disc, he called. He proposed me for marriage. "I will wait till your career stabilize" he promised. Being daddy's little girl, i conveyed all the matter to dad. He took time to think over it and didn't come up with a positive response. I knew this will happen. He was fine with my parent's decision. We will be friends always, we thought but its tough to keep yourself away from something you love for real so we started again, the more we tried to back off the more we fell for each other. I was bothered about him. he was emotionally weak though i was quite fine. Fortunately or unfortunately our horoscope didn't match and finally i got a solid reason to give him a peaceful future. I wanted him to be out of the mess. i wanted him to settle down and be happy because happiness was all he deserved and anyways i had been hurting him since long.

"How are you?" I whats app-ed him after two months of break. He was engaged and i was really happy for him. He did sound happy and satisfied and that was quite sufficient to kill my guilt consciences. Everything happens for good, i concluded. It was all destined.

I am glad that he owns one of the most beautiful chapters in the book of my life.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I more lucky person to get space here!!!!! Moreover another nice piece written....

Post a Comment

ShareThis