Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Friday 20 September 2013

Friends For Life

They always do this. Cancellation of plans at last moments, useless arguments and delayed decisions. I threw the marker i was playing with and left the classroom. I could never understand when my friends turned so annoying. we knew each other from year 2008. Just after i left school. When i met them first, i never knew we will share this kind of bonding. From lectures to bunks, from hang-outs to night-outs, from juices to vodka, from Delhi to Chandigarh...we did it all. They were the best part of my life through out college. The beautiful destiny threw us in the same place again for Post graduation or say we were too dependent on each other that we couldn't even choose our paths independently. We were happy and i think that was enough. we hardly fought except the day i m writing about.

I pressed the button to call the lift.  it was still two floors up. Impatiently, i ran towards the stairs. I wanted peace, i was pissed off of all this. I wanted new friends. It was hard to bear them anymore. While passing through the lobby of the ground floor and i heard Neha, She was chasing me from classroom itself but i was least bothered. "Where do you think you are going?" She shouted with all the rights she had on her best friend. I ignored as i really didn't want to create a scene. "Answer me" she insisted. "Stay out of this and let me go, I gotta go home." She took a step backward, left my right arm which she was clutching angrily, by now. The conversation was over and for a second i realized our friendship too. She left. I sobbed a little and took my way to the metro station. Suddenly, my phone rang!! Prerna Calling !! What the hell do they want? Why can't i go home alone, once. What is their problem? Why are they so obsessed with all this? and many more stupid and irrelevant questions bugged me inside. "Where is Neha?" Neelam shouted, as soon as i received the call. "What the hell, How am i supposed to know? Yes she came behind me, running but i asked her to go back... where did she end up going instead? and why the hell Neelam is using Prerna's cell to call me?" Will call her and let you know, i responded back to Neelam after overcoming my thoughts.

27 missed calls, 8 messages and almost 3 rounds of three floors, where there was a possibility to find her, we hunted. she was nowhere. she didn't respond back to any of the messages, she didn't take the calls. I was guilty because of some unknown reasons. I didn't mean to hurt her. How could she be so immature enough to ignore our continuous messages and calls. after 45 minutes of useless hunting, we ran towards the park nearby. That used to be our Adda, we found many love stories flourishing there at time to time, some of them included our classmates too. I found her sitting on a bench. finally, A sigh of relief!  That feeling of not finding her for those 45 minutes snatched the beats out of my heart. We hugged her and that is all she was waiting for. She burst out crying and hitting me in which ever way possible. I accepted all her anger, with due respect.We boarded the same metro, even that day.

Me with Neelam Prerna and Neha

3 comments:

Pramod Nayak said...

Long live u, ur friends n ur friendship!

Anmol Rawat said...

ladkiyan hoti hi ladaku hain :p

Unknown said...

Huh ! just once we fought and that too is a sweet memory..can't you read :P

Post a Comment

ShareThis