Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Monday 30 September 2013

The Companion

"Why do you keep so much of teddies on your bed, there is no space left to sit."
"Sit on couch then." I replied to my cousin. Like everyone else he was being rude to my toys. I was 17 and had 6 teddies with me. One of them was my favorite. "Nonu" i used to call her. She was bought to me by my best friends on my seventeenth birthday. Yes, it was a girl teddy as she had a pink outfit. After Nonu's arrival, my other toys had to face my continuous ignorance and slowly slowly they drifted apart. I didn't care much as i had Nonu. I shared almost everything with her.  Her small eyes and light colored hair used to look perfect. 


That day when everyone was at our place for a small get together, My 4 year elder cousin threw Nonu in air as he was irritated of the drama i used to do with my teddy. I stared at him for 5 seconds and then i threw a boul full of curd on his shirt. He couldn't respond back, in fact being the youngest member of the family, everyone supported me and scolded him for his ill behavior with Nonu.

Nonu was so close.I shared my secrets with her, i cried hugging her, i laughed with her. I talked to her endlessly at times in spite of accepting the fact that she was deaf and dumb. I used to feel happy after vomiting out my frustration in front of her and moreover i knew that first she wont get irritated or bored and second she won't pass on the matter to someone else. Trust worthy she was. On small trips, i carried her inside my bags as she was not that huge. I carried it to my college twice, just for fun. For four years every night she slept next to me, though i never found her eyes closed, i believed that she sleeps with me. The time when i relocated to Chandigarh, I made her accompany me.I had a friend there who had a blue color teddy. I didn't like the way he used to sit next to my princess. As I was over protective towards her, i used to lock her up in cupboard to save her from that devil blue teddy. Locking up was a little rude but there was no other way around. My feelings never changed for her from 17 years of age till 21.

Where is Nonu?? I asked in disgust as soon as i returned back from office in the month of July,2013. I searched her every where but all in vein. On inquiring i found that a kid came and kidnapped her.The kid liked her and and my family members were too generous to deny and snatch my Nonu back.  "How could you guys let her go like that" I shouted. I lost her. I lost the best companion i had. I was sad. No one ever imagined that i will take this matter on heart. They consoled and said "Start loving living things dear rather than crying for the non-living ones." May be, it was so easy for them.

 I cried my heart out, when i didn't feel her sleeping next to me that night.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Made me cry....missing my angel....

Unknown said...

I can understand Di :)

Anmol Rawat said...

Hmm. 'Nonu' word carries an importance in my life :)

For the write up; that's the girly side of urs and yu always deny that :p

Unknown said...

@ Anmol :P True..that's my girly side and i show that to people i am most comfortable with :) :D :P :)

Post a Comment

ShareThis